8th Annual HR Summit
The Business of HR
Friday, March 3, 2017
Registration is open for the 8th Annual HR Summit. The summit attracts more than 150 HR professionals annually. Structured for anyone whose professional HR role includes benefits, hiring, compensation, and personnel management, the summit provides important continuing education and training for HR professionals. The conference is approved for Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) continuing education (CE) credit of 4.5 CE hours, based on registration check-in and evaluation completion. Full credit only, no partial.
SOLD OUT! REGISTRATION IS CLOSED.
3838 Livernois, Troy, MI 48083
8:15a.m. - 3p.m.
Contact: Cindy Rush
Tickets: $95 per person. Includes continental breakfast and lunch.
No ticket refunds after Feb. 23
Exhibit tables: $400 agreement
No table refunds after Feb. 1
Payment must be made by Feb. 15 to be included in program handout.
7:45-8:15 a.m. Registration, Continental Breakfast and Exhibitor Showcase
8:15 a.m. Welcome
8:30-9:15 a.m. HR: Our Business is About Leading, Lee Meadows
9:15-9:30 a.m. BREAK: Exhibitor Showcase
9:30-10:15 a.m. Breakout Session One
1. Enhancing the HR Value Proposition Within Your Organization, Kristi Stuetzer and Tina Marie Wohlfield
2. What Is Really Going On?, Cassanda Harvey
3. Top 15 Mistakes Made in HR…and How to Fix Them, Vanessa Nelson
10:15-10:30 a.m. BREAK: Exhibitor Showcase
10:30-11:15 a.m. Breakout Session Two
1. Understanding Wellness Programs: Strategies & Compliance, Emily Tonkovich
2. Three Critical Competencies for HR in the 21st Century, Marcelino Sánchez
3. Changes with the Trump Administration - An Immigration Perspective, Linda Armstrong and Bushra Malik
11:15-11:30 a.m. BREAK: Exhibitor Showcase
11:30 a.m.-12:15 p.m. Breakout Session Three
1. Building a WOW! Recognition Culture, Mike Byam
2. Six Questions to Ask to Get the People Performance You Need, Lisa Toenniges
3. Don't Be Fooled by "instant Background Checks", Carolyn Klemett
12:15-1:00 p.m. Lunch
1:15-2:00 p.m. Legal Updates: New Horizons for Labor and Employment Law, Rebecca Davies
2:00-2:45 p.m. Keynote: Forget About Earning a Seat...Focus on Being at the Head of the Table, Dr. Rita Fields
2:45 p.m. Closing Remarks/Door Prizes