Department of Defense Scholarship Program
2013 Competition Now Open.
The United States Department of Defense is seeking graduate and undergraduate students from Walsh College who are interested in a grant funded scholarship program for concentrated studies in information assurance. Individuals must be admitted to the MSIA or another program and specialize in information assurance. Potential funding may be available beginning in the fall 2013 semester.
Students selected to participate in the program will be required to sign a written agreement obligating them to work for the Department of Defense as a civilian employee for one calendar year for each year of scholarship assistance received. They will also be required to serve in internship positions with the Department of Defense organization during the time they are receiving scholarship support.
Scholarships are awarded upon government funding and individual eligibility. The scholarships are expected to pay for the cost of tuition, fees, books, lab expenses, supplies and equipment as well as a stipend to cover room and board expenses. Disabled students may receive additional allowances; however there are no allowances for dependents.
Interested candidates should attend an informational meeting for assistance with the submission process. This year's meetings will be held January 23rd and 29th from 5:00 to 6:00 PM in Room 124 at the Troy Campus. Nan Poulios will review eligibility requirements as well as instructions for completing the application.
Deadline for Completed Application February 22
The candidate must be 18 years of age or older.
- The candidate must be a citizen of the United States at the time of application. (Note: if family members are not U.S. citizens, some agencies may be unable to process the applicant through the required security level clearances).
- The candidate must be admitted to a Walsh College graduate or undergraduate program.
- The candidate must qualify for a security clearance which will include passing drug and polygraph tests among others.
- Undergraduate candidates must have a 3.2 GPA, Graduate candidates must have a 3.5 GPA. No exceptions.
Please contact Nanette Poulios, IA director, for details on the program at email@example.com or 248-823-1369.
Application is available here: ATTACHMENT D NEW Student Application 2013-2014.pdf
Instructions are available here: ATTACHMENT C Scholarship and Vacancy Announcement 2013 .pdf
MCWT Scholarship Now Open
2013-2014 Undergraduate and Graduate Scholarship now open.
Application Deadline: January 31, 2013Eligibility
An applicant must be a female high-school student (entering college), undergraduate or graduate level student who is:
- a resident of the State of Michigan
- a United States Citizen
- a student with a 3.0 GPA or better
- enrolled (or will be enrolled) in a technology program
Additional Information may be found on the MCWT Foundation Web Site: Click Here
Women in Defense Scholarship Now Closed
Application deadline is July 31, 2012. This is for women currently enrolled in a Michigan College studying defense or national security, IT as it relates to security.
Application and rules are available here: http://www.wid-mi.org/apply_now.aspx