Live @ edu
Live@edu is coming soon! It is the future of student collaboration. It is hosted by Microsoft and offers many benefits.
- It will use your same Walsh email that you use today
- 10 GB inbox, 20MB attachments!!!
- Spam and virus filtering
- Forwarding, POP3 and Outlook Connector for access on a mobile phone or desktop client
- Folders to organize email
- Optimized Outlook experience
- Integrated Directory with faculty/staff on Exchange
- Shared calendars and contacts
- Message Tracking
Office Live Workspace
- Microsoft Office Live Workspace beta is your online extension of Microsoft Office
- Password-protected online storage for 1,000+ documents
- Extension of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- No more flash drives or sending documents to yourself as e-mail attachments
- Collaborate with others, even if they don’t have Office
Windows Live SkyDrive
Students can store documents online so they can access them from any computer and share with others
- 5GB password-protected online storage
- Create private, shared, and public folders
- Store your documents online and access from other computers
Microsoft SharedView beta
Share your desktop with up to 15 other users.
- Give a presentation
- Share control with other students to edit a document together in real time
Windows Live Spaces
Students can set up a space for group projects, campus clubs, or personal pages
- Link to documents stored in your SkyDrive
- Share your space with the world or with those you select from your contact list
- Create blogs
- Group discussions
Windows Live Messenger
The world’s #1 IM client lets students do more than just chat
- Group chat with up to 15 others
- Search Encarta Online
- Used Shared folders, share documents too large to send as attachments
- Send SMS messages from Messenger interface
Windows Live Alerts
Students can receive SMS alters on their mobile phones
- E-mail, IM, and mobile alerts – students choose which
- General info alerts – breaking news, weather info, sports scores and more
- Custom alerts to select members of the campus community
Live@edu services are accessible via mobile phones.
- Windows Live Spaces, Hotmail, Messenger are WAP-enabled
- Receive e-mail on mobile phone through POP3
- Windows Live for Mobile allows push e-mail to Nokia and Windows Mobile Phones.