Thursday, September 27, 2012
Walsh College Announces Changes to Academic Structure
In an effort to continue its commitment to preparing successful business professionals, Walsh College announces changes in academic structure and faculty and administrative advancements.
Academic departments and leadership have been reorganized in an effort to create greater curriculum synergy and efficiency. These modifications are in line with Walsh’s mission and vision, and ensure Walsh faculty offers practical, real world business experience as well as academic expertise, taking students from the classroom into their careers.
Walsh College’s four academic departments and corresponding faculty are as follows:
- Accounting, Taxation and Business Law: Dan Hoops (chair), Rick Berschback, Theresa Hilliard, Katherine Konon, Mark Solomon
- Finance and Economics: Linda Wiechowski (chair), Louise August, John Moore, Greg Todd
- Management and Communications (including Entrepreneurship, Healthcare, and International Business): Sheila Ronis (chair), Georgine Fogel, Laura Frost, Linda Hagan, Glenn Hodges, James McHann, Lee Meadows, Jenny Tatsak
- Marketing, Information Systems and Quantitative Methods: Mike Levens (chair), Nan Poulios, Terri Washburn, Marla Scafe
Additional academic leadership changes have been made to recognize faculty and strengthen the offerings of Walsh degree programs. These changes include:
- Rick Berschback is named a distinguished associate professor, Accounting.
- Mark Solomon becomes the director of the Mark Solomon Tax Research Center, in addition to continuing as a professor of taxation and business law.
- Linda Hagan serves as graduate program director as well as the director of the Doctor of Management program.
- Terri Washburn is named assistant vice president and dean of academic technology.
- Renee Kreun becomes assistant vice president for assessment and institutional research.
“We at Walsh are confident that these changes will further our mission of preparing successful business professionals,” said David Shields, Ph.D, chief academic officer at Walsh College.