The Troy Campus building renovation is a $15 million project that will enhance the College’s original campus building on Livernois Road, improving the student learning experience and strengthening chances for business-student success in the global marketplace.
The project will include a two-story, 27,000 square-foot addition to Walsh’s original campus building, built in the 1970s, and a 28,000 square-foot renovation to existing interior spaces. The addition will encompass distinct pavilions with a business-communication focused Student Success Center, a student lounge, and a welcome center.
Construction is expected to take 18 months with an anticipated starting date in late summer 2014. Architecture and design will be completed by Valerio Dewalt Train Associates (VDTA). Donor-naming opportunities for the project are available.
Join Walsh College President Stephanie Bergeron and the rest of the Walsh College community for the Troy Campus Ground Breaking on Friday, September 5, 2014 from 9:00 - 10:00 a.m.
Beginning Monday, August 4, student services will be relocating at the Troy campus. The temporary location will be just south of the Blackstone Launchpad office and the Bookstore; which is the space previously occupied by the Division of Online Learning. The temporary relocation is in preparation of the upcoming Troy campus construction. Relocated student service offices include the following:
- Admissions & Advising
- Business Office
- Career Services
- Financial Aid
- Records & Registration
Many staff members from departments such as Marketing, Development, Online Learning, Human Resources, Walsh Institute, and the President's Office will be relocating to an offsite location the week of July 21. If you need to meet a staff member from one of these departments, please call to set up an appointment at the Troy campus. Phone numbers and mailing addresses for all personnel remain the same.
- Oct. 4, 2013: Crain's Detroit Business - "Walsh College to add student center as part of $15 million project"
- Oct. 7, 2013: Troy Patch - "Walsh College Expanding as Part of $15 Million Renovation Project"
- Apr. 14, 2014: Detroit Free Press - "Walsh College Plans $15 Million Upgrade to Troy Campus"
- Apr. 14, 2014: Crain's Detroit Business - "Walsh College $15M expansion to begin in summer"
- Apr. 14, 2014: DBusiness - "Walsh College to Kick Off $15M Addition/Renovation"
- Apr. 14, 2014: ClickOn Detroit - "Walsh College plans $15 million renovation in Troy"
- Apr. 15, 2014: mLive - "Metro Detroit's Walsh College moves forward with $15 million improvement project"
- Apr. 21, 2014: Contract Magazine - "Valerio Dewalt Train to Lead Renovation at Walsh College in Michigan"
- Apr. 23, 2014: Troy Times - "Walsh College spruces up - again"
- Apr. 24, 2014: University Business - "Walsh College trustees approve $15M improvement project"
PAST BUILDING RENOVATIONS
Last Updated: July 28, 2014