Admissions to Doctoral Program
Admission to the DM program is competitive and the attainment of a specific set of minimum qualifications does not assure admission. Admission is granted to candidates deemed to be most qualified to succeed in the DM program. However, Walsh College is not accepting applications for its Doctor of Management program at this time.
An applicant must:
- Hold a master's degree with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.300 or higher from an institution accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools or one of the following regional associations: Middle States, New England, Northwest, Southern or Western.
- Have completed at least one course in financial accounting and one course in management theory with a grade of “B” (3.000) or better at either the bachelor or master’s level.
- Have completed at least one course in quantitative methods, with a grade of “B” (3.000) or better at either the bachelor or master’s level taken within the last five years.
- Take the GMAT exam and receive a score of 500 and above (within the last 10 years).
- Have at least five years of professional business work experience.
- Provide three professional letters of recommendation.
- Provide a professional resume.
- Provide a written statement (500 words or less) indicating the applicant’s chief academic interests, strengths and limitations, reasons for selecting the DM program, and for choosing Walsh College.
- Complete an interview (candidate evaluation) with the DM Program Director and/or DM Program Committee.
- Official transcripts, letters of recommendations, and official GMAT score must come directly from the institution, person or agency to: Admissions Office, Walsh College, P.O. Box 7006, Troy, MI 48007-7006.
International student applicant’s additional admission requirements:
- Meet English proficiency requirements by having a TOEFL score of 550 (written) or a computerized TOEFL score of 213; or an Internet-based TOEFL score of 79; or MELAB score of 80; or MTELP score of 80 or IELTS score of 6.5. (http://www.ielts.org)
- Provide international transcripts evaluated by World Education Services (WES) (www.wes.org) or Education Credential Evaluators (ECE) (www.ece.org).
- Provide official statements of financial support.
- Provide evidence of health insurance.
Walsh College is not accepting applications for its Doctor of Management program at this time. If you would like information about other Walsh College graduate programs, please contact Dr. Linda Hagan, Director of Graduate Programs, at email@example.com.