On March 15, 2017, over 200 women attended the sixth annual Entrepreneur-YOU Conference, a collaborative initiative to help women become successful business owners presented by Inforum, Michigan Women's Foundation, Fifth Third Bank, and Walsh College.
We are grateful for all of those who participated so passionately in the day's events. Here's what some of you had to say about E-YOU:
• "This was by far the best E-YOU I have attended."
• "This has been the most inspiring E-YOU I've been to."
• "Practical, inspiring information and authentic presenters."
• "Wonderful group of panelists, high energy, and very useful to hear real stories."
From Pam Turkin's keynote on overcoming entrepreneurial challenges to Julia Andreae and Jennyfer Crawford's discussion on personal success, we hope you walked away with valuable tools and ideas for growing your business. We want to help you continue your journey to success. Here are ways you can stay in touch and learn about upcoming opportunities:
- Connect with Inforum Michigan and consider joining to receive the latest updates and information on networking opportunities and professional development programs.
- Connect with Walsh College to learn about upcoming events and opportunities for professional development.
- Check out Walsh if you're considering additional education (bachelor's or master's degree in business). Attend our open house, Walsh College Business Night, on April 27 to learn more. RSVP now >>
- Learn about the latest personal branding and career development webinars. Sign up here >>
- Recruit Walsh College students or alumni for your company. Contact Career Services >>
- Connect with Michigan Women's Foundation to receive the latest updates and information on financial resources and tools available to you.
- Connect with Fifth Third Bank to receive the latest updates and information on banking tools and financial resources available to you.
- You can also follow us on Facebook to learn about upcoming events from all of our partners and view photos from the event.
2017 E-YOU session and presenters
9 a.m. Opening Session
- Emcee: JoAnne Purtan
- Morning Keynote: Pam Turkin, "The Forecast Called for Sprinkles. How I Overcame My Personal Tsunami"
10:30 a.m. Breakout Sessions
- Laurie Horvath: "Know Your Numbers"
- Mark S. Lee: "Beating the First Year Failure Trend"
- Van Nguyen, Amana Lewan, and Erin Rose Cooper: "Super Charge Your Social Media Presence"
- Yisel Cabrera: "Social Entrepreneurship - Saving the World One Woman Entrepreneur at a Time"
- Tawnya Rose and Juliana Perry: "Will My Credit Score Haunt Me Forever?"
11:30 a.m. Breakout Sessions
- Cindy Nunnery: "Focus on ME"
- Julie Andreae and Jennyfer Crawford: "Setbacks to Success"
- Gwen Jimmere: "Perfecting the Pitch"
- Tracy Morgan: "Creating and Managing Your Personal Brand"
- Dr. Joyce Suber and David Tessler: Funding Sources and Options
1:15 p.m Afternoon Keynote
- Christina York, "The Accidental Entrepreneur"
2 p.m. Panel Discussion
- EYOU competition winners Deidre Hogue, Jessica Hayes, Becky Riess: "Where Are They Now?"
3:00 p.m. Program concludes
Entrepreneur-YOU is a collaborative initiative between Inforum, Michigan Women’s Foundation and Walsh College, to help women become successful business owners. Among its varied business-building activities, Entrepreneur-YOU conducts all-day workshops-- taught by leading business professionals-- to teach women entrepreneurs about the resources necessary and available to open, run and grow a business.
The business plan competition is now managed by Michigan Women's Foundation. Contact 313-962-1920.
See highlights from the 2017 conference on Facebook.
Updated March 24, 2017