The Entrepreneur-YOU Conference is a collaborative initiative to help women become successful business owners presented by Inforum, Michigan Women’s Foundation, and Walsh College.
Entrepreneur-YOU features workshops, taught by leading business professionals, to teach women entrepreneurs about the resources necessary and available to open, run, and grow a business.
See highlights from the 2016 conference on Facebook. Click the picture below. Give the page a like!
The 2016 Agenda is below.
5TH ANNUAL ENTREPRENEUR-YOU
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 26, 2016
8:30 A.M. Registration and Continental Breakfast
9:00 A.M. Welcome, Stephanie Bergeron, Walsh College; Carolyn Cassin, Michigan Women's Foundation; David Girodat, Fifth Third Bank
Keynote Speaker: Bridgett Tubbs-Carlon, Founder and DEO, Apple Tree & Gilden Woods Early Care and Preschool. Bridgett kicks off #EYOU with the story of her own entrepreneurial journey.
10:15-10:30 A.M. BREAK: Exhibitor Showcase
10:30 – 11:15 A.M. Breakout 1
- Stay Out of Hot Water with Professional Services, Lori Bahnmueller, Brogan & Partners; Erin Bonahoom, Canvas Legal, PLC; Hope Brown, PublicCity PR; Peg Tallet, Michigan Women’s Foundation
- Your Numbers Tell it All, Jean Stenger, DKSS CPAs + Advisors; Carol Glynn, Walsh College
- Keep Your Fire Burning-Funding Options, Tonjola Cole, Michigan Women’s Foundation; Tawnya Rose, Fifth Third Bank; Zan Nicolli, Dickinson Wright: Nancy Philippart, BELLE Michigan; Carolyn Cassin, Michigan Women’s Foundation
- Social Media is HOT HOT HOT, Emily Hay, Hay There Social Media; Erin Rawlings, Social Media Consultant; MiVida Burrus, Walsh College; Jan Bills, Two Women and a Hoe; Brenda Meller, Walsh College; Rachele Downs, Inforum
11:15-11:30 A.M. BREAK: Exhibitor Showcase
11:30 – 12:15 P.M. Breakout 2
- Set up a Sizzling Support System of Coaches and Mentors, Carol Glynn, Walsh College LaunchPad; Mark Lee, The LEE Group; Denise Kulak, other Fun Stuff!; Nicole Farmer, LifeLine Business Consulting Service; Brenda Meller, Walsh College
- Conquer the Fear of the Pitch – Catch the Competition Fever, Yvette Jenkins, Love Travels Imports; Justine Sheu, Pro:Up; Nikki Mattison, Madison Boutique; Dusty Welsh, Cause Activators, LLC; Carolyn Cassin, Michigan Women’s Foundation
- Startup Do’s and Don’ts, YaVonne Money, Above and Beyond Orthopedics, LLC; Andrea Livingston, Grit Design, Inc.; Lee Padgett, Busted Bra Shop; Maria Young, University Pharmacy; Rachele Downs, Inforum
- Business Basics: Legal and Accounting in Plain English, Linda Paullin-Hebden, Warner Norcross & Judd, LLP; Laurie Horvath, Baker Tilly; Peg Tallet, Michigan Women’s Foundation
12:15 P.M. Lunch and Networking
1:15-2:00 P.M. Panel Discussion, Rachel Lutz, Peacock Room; Yodit Mesfin-Johnson, Lips & Hips LLC; Rachele Downs, Inforum
2:00-2:15 P.M. Closing Remarks, Terry Barclay, Inforum
2:15-3:00 P.M. Dessert and Networking
Entrepreneur-YOU is a collaborative initiative between Inforum, Michigan Women’s Foundation and Walsh College, to help women become successful business owners. Among its varied business-building activities, Entrepreneur-YOU conducts all-day workshops-- taught by leading business professionals-- to teach women entrepreneurs about the resources necessary and available to open, run and grow a business.
The business plan competition is now managed by Michigan Women's Foundation.
Michigan Women's Foundation
2016 Dolphin Tank Business Plan and Pitch Competition