Entrepreneur-YOU: The Conference
Wednesday, March 15, 2017
8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
3838 Livernois, Troy, MI 48083
Registration is now open for the sixth annual Southeast Michigan Women's Entrepreneur-YOU Conference, a collaborative initiative to help women become successful business owners presented by Inforum, Michigan Women's Foundation, and Walsh College.
Entrepreneur-YOU features workshops, taught by leading business professionals, to teach women entrepreneurs about the resources necessary and available to open, run, and grow a business.
Tickets: $45 per person
8:30 a.m. Registration and Continental Breakfast
$25 for students (student ID required at event)
Sessions and Presenters/Panelists
9 a.m. Opening Session
- Emcee: JoAnne Purtan
- Morning Keynote: Pam Turkin, "The Forecast Called for Sprinkles. How I Overcame My Personal Tsunami."
10:30 a.m. Breakout Sessions
- Laurie Horvath: "Know Your Numbers"
- Mark S. Lee: "Beating the First Year Failure Trend"
- Van Nguyen, Amana Lewan, and Erin Rose Cooper: "Super Charge Your Social Media Presence"
- Yisel Cabrera: "Social Entrepreneurship - Saving the World One Woman Entrepreneur at a Time"
- Tawnya Rose and Juliana Perry: "Will My Credit Score Haunt Me Forever?"
11:30 a.m. Breakout Sessions
- Cindy Nunnery: "Focus on ME"
- Julie Andreae and Jennyfer Crawford: "Setbacks to Success"
- Gwen Jimmere: "Perfecting the Pitch"
- Tracy Morgan: "Creating and Managing Your Personal Brand"
- Dr. Joyce Suber and David Tessler: Funding Sources and Options
1:15 p.m Afternoon Keynote
- Christina York, "The Accidental Entrepreneur"
2 p.m. Panel Discussion
- EYOU competition winners Deidre Hogue, Jessica Hayes, Becky Riess: "Where Are They Now?"
3:00 p.m. Program concludes
Exhibit Tables and Sponsorships
||Contact Diane Fisher to reserve exhibit table or sponsorship at 248-823-1670 or firstname.lastname@example.org then pay online or by check.
|| Pay online: Click "register Now" above. Complete form and email to Diane.
| Pay by check: Complete form and email to Diane or mail with payment.
Exhibit Table: $200 Agreement
Sponsorship Opportunities here
Entrepreneur-YOU is a collaborative initiative between Inforum, Michigan Women’s Foundation and Walsh College, to help women become successful business owners. Among its varied business-building activities, Entrepreneur-YOU conducts all-day workshops-- taught by leading business professionals-- to teach women entrepreneurs about the resources necessary and available to open, run and grow a business.
The business plan competition is now managed by Michigan Women's Foundation. Contact 313-962-1920.
See highlights from the 2016 conference on Facebook. Give the page a like!
Updated March 9, 2017