Please click here
for a PDF of the fact sheet.
Established in 1922, Walsh College is a private, independent, not-for-profit, and upper-division institution that grants degrees at the bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels. Walsh offers a broad range of programs in fields such as accounting, finance, information technology and assurance, management and leadership, marketing, and taxation.
Walsh College delivers a business education that integrates application and theory to prepare graduates for successful careers. To learn more about the Walsh mission, vision, and values, visit www.walshcollege.edu/mission
- Walsh College is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (www.ncahlc.org; phone: 312-263-0456). Specific degree programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP, www.acbsp.org), and the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE, www.iacbe.org).
- Walsh is an all-business college and one of Michigan’s largest graduate schools of business.
- Walsh was one of the first institutions to establish transfer articulation agreements with area community colleges. Currently Walsh has 29 such agreements with community colleges in Michigan, Canada, and Ohio.
- Undergraduate and graduate tuition per credit hour is very competitive with that of southeast Michigan’s public and private institutions.
- Undergraduate degrees: 3; graduate degrees: 8; for-credit certificates: 12; non-credit certificates: 5.
- The first cohort of students was accepted into the College's first doctoral degree, the Doctor of Management in Executive Leadership, in 2007. Today, there are three cohorts and four graduates.
- For 2012, TaxTalent ranks the Walsh Master of Science in Taxation program in the top 15% of U.S. master’s degree programs in taxation.
- Walsh was named a 2012 Innovation Award recipient by The National Association of College and University Business Officers.
- Walsh College is a National Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance Education, named by the National Security Agency and the Department of Homeland Security.
- The award-winning “Walsh College: Live. Breathe. Business.” Campaign can be viewed online at www.walshcollege.edu/marketingcampaign.
- The majority of Walsh faculty members come from the real world of business; 80% are actively employed in the business community
- In total, the Walsh faculty represents 3,000 years of business experience
- Faculty members posses more than 70 different business, technology, and educational certifications or designations Sheila Ronis, Ph.D., director, MBA and Master of Management program and professor, management, was accepted into The Fulbright Specialist Program. Michael Levens, Ph.D., associate professor, was named to the Fulbright Specialist Roster in 2010, for a five-year term
Students and Alumni
- More than 4,500 students enrolled during the ’10-‘11 academic year
- Average class size: 21 students
- 23,782 living alumni
- Alumni living in Michigan: 81.6%
- Over $300,000 in scholarship funds is available
Careers and Recruiting
- Over 1,030 employers posted over 2,350 job opportunities posted through Career Services in the ‘10-‘11 academic year
- Walsh College is among a select group of prominent colleges and universities where a diverse range of Fortune 500 companies consistently recruit
- In fall 2010, Walsh College opened its doors for the Blackstone Launch Pad, which provides students and alumni entrepreneurs with free advice and access to industry experts. (www.walshcollege.edu/blackstonelaunchpad).
- Walsh is committed to assisting the community with ongoing volunteer efforts: Gleaners, Capuchin Soup Kitchen, Blackwell Institute in Detroit, and Focus: HOPE.
- Walsh employees tutor Detroit Public School students in math and reading.
- Walsh is committed to green design and building practices. The Jeffery W. Barry Center at the Troy campus is LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Gold certified by the U.S. Green Building Council.