Please click here
for a PDF of the fact sheet.
Established in 1922, Walsh College is a private, independent, not-for-profit, and upper-division institution that grants degrees at the bachelor’s and master’s levels. Walsh offers a broad range of programs in fields such as accounting, finance, information technology and leadership, management and leadership, marketing, and taxation.
Walsh College delivers a business education that integrates application and theory to prepare graduates for successful careers. To learn more about the Walsh mission, vision, and values, visit www.walshcollege.edu/mission
- Walsh College is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission (www.hlcommision.org; phone: 312-263-0456) and has received a specialized accreditation for its business degree programs by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP, www.acbsp.org).
- Walsh is an all-business college and one of Michigan’s largest graduate schools of business.
- Walsh was one of the first institutions to establish transfer articulation agreements with area community colleges. Currently, Walsh has 29 such agreements with community colleges in Michigan, Canada, and Ohio.
- Undergraduate and graduate tuition per credit hour creates great value for students.
- Walsh was named a 2012 Innovation Award recipient by The National Association of College and University Business Officers.
- Walsh College is a National Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance Education, named by the National Security Agency and the Department of Homeland Security.
- The majority of Walsh faculty members come from the real world of business; 80% are actively employed in the business community
- In total, the Walsh faculty represents 3,000 years of business experience
- Fulbright Scholars from Walsh have included Sheila Ronis, Ph.D., chair, professor, management; Michael Levens, Ph.D., associate professor marketing; James McHann, Ph.D., professor, management; and Susan Gilkey, Ph.D., clinical professor, management.
Students and Alumni
- Student body approximately 4,000
- Average class size: 21 students
- 25,359 alumni worldwide
- Alumni living in Michigan: 83%
- Over $300,000 in scholarship funds is available
Careers and Recruiting
- Over 1,200 employers posted over 2,600 job opportunities through Career Services in the ‘13-‘14 academic year .
- Walsh College is among a select group of prominent colleges and universities where a diverse range of Fortune 500 companies consistently recruit.
- Walsh students and alumni entrepreneurs can become members of Blackstone LaunchPad. This national program encourages entrepreneurial thinking and activity among undergraduate and graduate students, as well as faculty and alumni. Blackstone LaunchPad incubates a new generation of entrepreneurs who will contribute to the economic revitalization of key regions.
- Walsh is committed to assisting the community with ongoing volunteer efforts: Gleaners, Capuchin Soup Kitchen, Blackwell Institute in Detroit, and Focus: HOPE.
- Walsh employees tutor Detroit Public School students in math and reading.
- Walsh is committed to green design and building practices. The Jeffery W. Barry Center at the Troy campus is LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Gold certified by the U.S. Green Building Council.