The mission of the Faculty Committee on Institutional Outcomes Assessment is to review and act on results from assessment data related to the Core Competencies. It is comprised of full-time and adjunct faculty members, the Director of Student Outcomes Assessment, and other administrative staff as required. The committee, chaired by a faculty member who works closely with the Director of Student Outcomes Assessment, meets on a recurring schedule as needed to accomplish its tasks. The responsibilities of the committee are as follows:
- Review, analyze, and make recommendations regarding assessment data related to institutional level outcomes assessment.
- Provide recommendations and develop action plans to improve teaching and student learning.
- Review and recommend changes to the student learning outcomes assessment plan, core competencies, and selected instruments.
- Discuss and share assessment strategies toward establishing best practices.
- Determine appropriateness of published instruments and review and revise self-developed instruments designed to assess student learning at the institutional level.
The primary role of the Faculty Committee on Institutional Outcomes Assessment Chair is to act as a facilitator during each committee meeting. Additional responsibilities of the committee chair are as follows:
- Collaborate with the Director of Student Outcomes Assessment to establish meeting agenda topics, beginning and ending times, and meeting location.
- Guide, mediate, and monitor discussions.
- Ensure all committee members are involved in decision-making.
- Delegate committee member responsibilities and tasks.
- Ensure committee meets established target dates.
- Report work of the committee at the faculty meeting each month.
- Report to the committee, any decisions of the Chief Academic Officer (CAO), Walsh College Officers or Board of Trustees that affect the committee’s work.
Following committee meetings, the chair will meet with the Director of Student Outcomes Assessment to review follow-up actions and decisions made. The chair, along with the Director of Student Outcomes Assessment, will submit policy recommendations to the CAO and college officers as required.
Director, Student Outcomes Assessment
The responsibilities of the Director of Student Outcomes Assessment are as follows:
- Collaborate with the committee chair to establish meeting agenda topics, beginning and ending times, and meeting location.
- Collect and disseminate assessment instruments, data, and reports required for committee review and action.
- Update the committee’s action plan and/or institutional assessment plans as needed.
- Report work of the committee to the Assistant Vice President of Academic Administration.
- Report work of the committee at the Assessment Steering Committee meetings.
- Document work of the committee in the Walsh College Annual Assessment Report, the IACBE Annual Assessment Report, and the ACBSP Quality Assurance Report.
Following committee meetings, the Director of Student Outcomes Assessment will meet with the committee chair to review follow-up actions and decisions made. The Director of Student Outcomes Assessment, along with the committee chair, will submit policy recommendations to the CAO and college officers as required.
Committee Chair: Ann Saurbier, Adjunct Assistant Professor, Management
Rick Berschback, Chair and Associate Professor, Accounting Department
Joseph Corace, Adjunct Assistant Professor, Marketing
Laura Frost, Assistant Professor, Management
Dan Hoops, Associate Professor, Business Law, Tax
Renee Kreun, Director, Student Learning Outcomes Assessment
John Moore, Associate Professor, Finance, Economics
Nan Poulios, Interim Chair MSIS, Director of Information Assurance Center, Assistant Professor
Dr. Richard Radners, Adjunct Assistant Professor, Management
Mark Solomon, Chair and Professor, Tax
Dr. Jenny Tatsak, Assistant Professor, Business Communications
Greg Todd, Associate Professor, Finance