Career Services will be holding several On-Campus Recruiting / Interview Prep Workshops in August. These workshops will explain what to expect at Employer Meet & Greet Sessions, On-Campus Recruiting (OCR), and the Career Fair. The workshops will also go over Interviewing Skills. For the FALL semester, these workshops will take the place of the Mock Interview requirement needed to participate in On-Campus Recruiting. Attendance at one of the OCR/Interview Workshops will be required instead of the one-on-one mock interview.
OCR/Interview Workshops Fall 2014
Troy Campus - Workshop times are 4:50 - 5:50 PM
- Wednesday, August 13th
- Monday, August 18th
- Thursday, August 21
- Monday, August 25th
Novi Campus - Workshop times are 4:30 - 5:30 PM
On-campus interviews are available to graduates and candidates for graduation of Walsh College. Career Services facilitates employment interviews with various companies and firms, which are held at the Troy and Novi campuses. Employers are welcome to interview year-round. October and November are the busiest months for on campus interviewing. All OCR positions are listed in eRecruiting.
NOTE: Students interested in public accounting should plan to participate in the fall campus recruiting season as soon as they arrive at Walsh College. Please visit Career Services for details on this very structured recruiting process for accounting.
General Requirements for Participation
- Current Walsh students with at least a 2.0 GPA. Many employers will have minimum GPA requirements of 3.0.
- Walsh College degreed alumni.
Participation Requirements for On-Campus Interviews
- Complete the On-Campus Interview Registration (OCR) Form - you may register in the Career Services office, by FAX, or by completing this form on the Career Services portal under Sign Up for Interviews On-Campus. Even if you have participated in previous sessions, please complete the registration form for this season.
- View the OCR video online indicating the password from the video on your registration form if it has been more than 18 months since you reviewed the policies and procedures. The video explains how to apply to jobs, the employer interview selection process, and the College’s policies for participation.
- Because of the planned construction at the Troy Campus location, Career Services will waive the On Campus Recruiting requirement for individual mock interviews and instead, offer several OCR/Interview Workshops in its place. Attendance at one of the OCR/Interview Workshops will be required instead of the one-on-one mock interview.
- Complete your profile in eRecruiting and upload your resume into the database. Submit your resume to the OCR positions. Employers will pre-select their entire schedule after reviewing resumes.
Resume and Interview Preparation
- Preparation of resumes appointments during the months of July and August are strongly recommended. Schedule appointments by calling 248.823.1625. Students will need to complete the On-Campus Recruiting registration process including attendance at one of the OCR/Interview Workshops before application to employers participating in On-Campus Recruiting.
Employer Meet & Greet Visits
Employers like to schedule a date when they can come on campus to share information about their organization, internal office environment, recruiting process, and employment opportunities. This is a great opportunity for Walsh students and alumni to network with employer representatives and gather information about prospective employers.
Below is a list of upcoming Meet & Greet and On-Campus Recruiting Sessions. Please note that all of these events take place at the Troy campus.
Schedule of Employers Fall 2014
Meet & Greet - Tuesday, August, 26, 2014, 4:30 - 6:30PM - Grant Thornton
OCR - Tuesday, September 30, 2014 - Rehmann
OCR - Wednesday. October 1, 2014 - Grant Thornton
OCR - Monday, October 6, 2014 - Doeren Mayhew
OCR - Thursday, October 9, 2014 - UHY
As employers provide their job descriptions to Career Services, jobs and internships will be posted in eRecruiting.
Check back for future dates.