On-campus interviews are available to graduates and candidates for graduation of Walsh College. Career Services facilitates employment interviews with various companies and firms, which are held at the Troy and Novi campuses. Employers are welcome to interview year-round. October and November are the busiest months for on campus interviewing. All OCR positions are listed in eRecruiting.
NOTE: Students interested in public accounting should plan to participate in the fall campus recruiting season as soon as they arrive at Walsh College. Please visit Career Services for details on this very structured recruiting process for accounting.
General Requirements for Participation
- Current Walsh students with at least a 2.0 GPA. Many employers will have minimum GPA requirements of 3.0.
- Walsh College degreed alumni.
Participation Requirements for On-Campus Interviews
- Complete the On-Campus Interview Registration (OCR) Form - you may register in the Career Services office, by FAX, or by completing this form on the Career Services portal under Sign Up for Interviews On-Campus. Even if you have participated in previous sessions, please complete the registration form for this season.
- View the OCR video online indicating the password from the video on your registration form if it has been more than 18 months since you reviewed the policies and procedures. The video explains how to apply to jobs, the employer interview selection process, and the College’s policies for participation.
- Schedule a practice interview with Career Services by calling 248.823.1625 to ensure your success and future opportunities for Walsh students and alumni.
- Complete your profile in eRecruiting and upload your resume into the database. Submit your resume to the OCR positions. Employers will pre-select their entire schedule after reviewing resumes.
Resume and Interview Preparation
- Preparation of resumes and mock interview appointments during the months of July and August are strongly recommended. Schedule appointments by calling 248.823.1625. Students will need to complete the On-Campus Recruiting registration process including having a mock interview before application to employers participating in On-Campus Recruiting.
Employer Meet & Greet Visits
Employers like to schedule a date when they can come on campus to share information about their organization, internal office environment, recruiting process, and employment opportunities. This is a great opportunity for Walsh students and alumni to network with employer representatives and gather information about prospective employers. Below is a list of upcoming Meet & Greet sessions. Please note that all of these events take place at the Troy campus.
May 7, 2014 - Rehmann Meet & Greet 2:30-4:30 p.m., Barry Center Lobby
May 7, 2014 - Rehmann Information Session 4:30-6 p.m., Room 104
Schedule of Employers
As employers provide their job descriptions to Career Services, jobs and internships will be posted in eRecruiting.
April 10, 2014
- Doeren Mayhew: Sights on Success Program