The certificate program is beneficial for finance professionals seeking to stay relevant in their field, to expand their skills, or to enhance their previous degree. The certificate is available on-campus. To be eligible for the certificate, students must have a bachelor's or master's degree.
Upon completion of the courses listed, the student will be eligible to sit for the CFP® certification exam. For requirement information: www.cfp.net.
The Personal Financial Planning certificate consists of six graduate-level courses:
- FIN 503* Investment Planning
- FIN 525 Risk Management
- FIN 580 Financial Planning Applications and Case Study
- TAX 535 Basic Income Tax and Income Tax Planning
- TAX 536 Employee Benefits and Retirement Planning
- TAX 537 The Tools and Techniques of Estate Planning
*Students may substitute FIN 521 Investments
Walsh College Finance and Economic Club
- An optional club open to all undergraduates and graduates, the Finance and Economic Club has no fees or requirements to join
- Club activities include certification seminars, economic club luncheons, R.I.S.E forum, and a tour of the Detroit Federal Reserve Bank
- Members will enjoy networking with industry professionals and fellow students, keeping current with the jobs market, resume experience and internship opportunities with local firms
- Learn more at http://www.walshcollege.edu/fec
Gainful Employment Disclosure Statement