We are glad you selected Walsh College. Get to know the staff that will help you meet your educational and career goals.
School Certifying Officials
Patty Demasek, School Certifying Official
(248) 823-1221 / email@example.com
Patty assists with Military/Veteran Education Benefits; specializing in Montgomery GI Bill, Post 9/11 GI Bill.
Linda Hirt, Academic Advisor/School Certifying Official
(248) 823-1610 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Linda specializes in Vocational Rehabilitation (Ch. 31) benefits, military credit transfers, and academic advising.
Kara Fields, Assistant Director, Records and Registration/School Certifying Official
(248) 823-1295 / email@example.com
Kara assists with Military/Veteran Education Benefits; specializing in Post 9/11 GI Bill, Military Tuition Assistance, and Transfer of Education Benefits.
Lauren Mileto, School Certifying Official
(248) 823-1210 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Lauren assists with Military/Veteran Education Benefits; specializing in payment concerns, initiation of education benefits, and knowledge of community resources.
Bafti (Ben) Baftiu, Veteran Outreach Intern
(248) 823-1216 / email@example.com
Ben assists with Military/Veteran Education Benefits and the transition of veterans.
Career and Counseling Specialists
Laurie Siebert, Director, Career Services
(248) 823-1625 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Laurie assists veterans and their family members in translating their military skills into business world terms. She specializes in resume writing, career coaching, interview preparation and techniques, etc.
Cindy Vandamme, Counselor
(248) 823-1273 / email@example.com
Cindy assists veteran students or dependents with scheduling issues, military credits, academic counseling options, time management, study skills, counseling, readjustment issues, etc.
Using Veteran Education Benefits?
If you have any questions as to how your GI Bill benefits work: Contact a School Certifying Official or read the benefit packets.
Submit a Benefit Request Form each academic year (Fall Term).
This will allow us to certify your enrollment with the VA. Enrollment will be certified on the first day of withdrawal period each semester, as long as the BRF is up to date.
Do you want to be certified sooner? Submit the Early Certification Request Form or send an email (from your Walsh email) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Taking a semester off or need a comment added to your certification? Send us an email to let us know prior to the first day of withdrawal period.
What Your School Certifying Official Needs to Know:
- If you change your program of study.
- If your Military Orders are conflicting with classes.
- If you are having trouble with your classes.
- If you are having issues with your GI Bill benefits.
- If you have questions about your VA payments or outstanding debt.
- If you run out of Education Benefits.
- If you need advice or assistance with your education or military service commitments.