1. Who is eligible for financial aid?

  • Has financial need
  • Enrolled at least half-time in an eligible program
  • U.S. Citizen or a U.S. Permanent Resident (which requires a copy of an I-151 or I-551 card)
  • Is performing Satisfactory Academic Progress
  • Is NOT in default of any Federal Student Aid program (Perkins, Pell, SEOG, Stafford)
  • Is registered with Selective Service, if required

    Additional requirements:

  • Must be enrolled in a degree program or an approved certificate program
  • Master's degree students must be enrolled in master's level courses
  • Courses taken as an audit are not eligible for financial aid

    2. What financial aid programs are available at Walsh?

    3. How do I apply for federal financial assistance?

    This application is active for the academic year which covers: Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer.  You will need to reapply every academic year by the deadline date listed on the application. The FAFSA can be completed free at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Do not use the fafsa.com site because that site charges a large amount of money to process the same data that the Department of Education site does for free.

    4. How do I apply for a Walsh scholarship?

    Scholarships are limited to prospective, incoming students. Students currently enrolled at Walsh are not eligible to be considered for scholarship funding. Prospective, incoming undergraduate and graduate students may complete the scholarship application. This application is active for the academic year. You will need to apply by the deadline date listed on the scholarship application. Eligible continuing scholarship recipients will be mailed a renewal scholarship application each year in late May or earlier June. You will be asked to indicate what semesters you plan on attending for that academic year. > Learn more

    5. Who is considered to be an independent student according to the Federal Government for the 2017-2018 award year?

  • Born before January 1, 1995
  • Graduate or professional student
  • A married student
  • A veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces
  • An orphan or ward of the court
  • Someone with legal dependents that receive more than half of his/her support from the applicant.
  • You are considered to be a dependent student if you do not meet at least one of these criteria. Possible exceptions could be: if both of your parents were deceased, if you were in a legal guardianship, and if you were homeless or living in a shelter.
  • 6. When will I receive my financial aid?

    If the student has been determined eligible to receive financial aid including scholarships, grants and loans, funds will be applied after the end of the drop/add period each semester. You must be enrolled at least half-time after the drop/add period for payment to be applied to your account. > Learn more

    7.  Help! I don't know what some of these financial aid terms mean?

    We have put together a Glossary of Terms to review some of the language used on financial aid applications and forms. > View the Glossary

    Any questions?

    If you should have any questions regarding your Financial Aid Award Letter please feel free to contact the Financial Aid Office at (248) 823-1665. Our fax number is (248) 524-2520. You are responsible for the information contained in the Walsh College Catalog, and other policy and procedural documents outlined by the Financial Aid Office.