Walsh College "Green" Facilities
Dedicated in December 2007, the Jeffery W. Barry Center is a 37,000-square-foot building located on the Troy campus of Walsh College.
The Center incorporates recycled and environmentally sensitive materials, has the ability to capture rainwater, and uses solar power for climate control. The building contains nine classrooms, three conference rooms, two seminar rooms, a 135-seat auditorium, a marketing focus group room, and a larger library.
Additionally, Walsh installed electric car charging stations at the Troy Campus in December 2011.
The following honors have been awarded to Walsh in recognition of the accomplishments of the Jeffery W. Barry Center as a “green” facility:
- Jeffery W. Barry Center earns LEED Gold certification
- Construction Association of Michigan Projects of the Year
- Green Building of America Award, Real Estate & Construction Review
- The Oakland County Green Achievement Award, Oakland County Green Summit
- Engineering Society of Detroit 34th Annual Construction & Design Award , George W. Auch Company
- Troy Chamber of Commerce “Best of Troy” award
- Corp! Magazine Michigan's Going Green Award
- CAM Magazine's Outstanding Construction Project of the Year
- Walls and Ceilings Excellence in Design Award, George W. Auch Company
- INTEX Award Finalist (Carpentry and Drywall/Ceilings), George W. Auch Company
For more details about the environmentally-friendly details of the Jeffery W. Barry Center, click here.