Each January and June, Walsh College holds commencement ceremonies to confer bachelor and masters degrees to our graduating students. Family and guests of our graduates are welcome to join this event. Click on one of the links below for details. Have more questions? Call the commencement hotline at 248-823-1650.
- Initial invitations are mailed to eligibile students
- April for Winter & Spring candidates
- November for Summer & Fall candidates
Ceremony location and date
- Zion Christian Church
3668 Livernois Road in Troy
- June 21, 2014 (March 2014 graduates and June 2014 candidates)
Invitation was mailed 4/4/14
- January 2015 (September and December 2014 candidates)
- Mailed to attendees approximately two weeks prior to the ceremony
Cap & gown cost
- Includes cap or tam, gown, tassel, master hood (if applicable)
Bachelor $42.98 + tax
Master $79.96 + tax
Doctoral (purchase) $552.00 + tax
Doctoral (rental) $152.98 + tax (Gown will be returned. You will keep the hood and tam.)
You can purchase your cap & gown at:
||Troy and Novi Bookstores
| May 5
|May 7-June 6
||May 8-June 9
|Cap & gown purchases, ticket pick up and much more.
Pick up option:
Your cap & gown and tickets will be available at the Bookstore the week leading up to commencement.
Only the gown will be mailed. Tickets will be available the day of the ceremony at Will Call.
|Cap & gown and tickets are available for purchase and pick up same day.
Delta Mu Delta, Honor, and Military Cords
- Walsh DMD chapter members can purchase online.
- Undergraduate students who have achieved a cumulative of 3.500 or higher GPA and attend will receive a honor cord the day of the ceremony.
- U.S. active duty and Veteran students are eligible for a military cord. Students who attend will receive a cord the day of the ceremony. Note: Your military status will be verified with the Records & Registration Office.
Cap & gown prep
- Watch the following video to see how to properly wear the tassel, master hood, gown, etc.
|| Master Gown
- Women - suit or dress
- Men - dress pants, dress shirt, tie
Student speaker and flag bearer nominations
- Student speaker:
Nominees will be contacted by phone with audition information and dates. One student will be selected by a committee to speak. Selected student will need to attend president reception week of commencement and rehearsal day before. Please send nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Flag bearers:
Flags representing a cross section of countries parade into the auditorium before the ceremony. If you're interested in carrying a flag send your name and contact information to Liesl Scullen.
Special accommodations (i.e., wheelchair, walker, etc.)
- Contact Patty Demasek at 248-823-1221
- Zion Christian Church
- Immediately following the ceremony
Announcements, diploma frame, ceremony pictures and DVD
- To order announcements and diploma frame visit the Herff Jones Web site.
- Call Photography is the official ceremony photographer; to order contact them at 800-997-4980 or Callphoto@chartermi.net.
- Video/DVD cost $25 (includes shipping & handling); to order contact Verna Leo from Zion Christian Church at 248-524-2400.
- Volunteers are needed during the reception to help distribute padfolios to new graduates.
- Contact, Duc Abrahamson, Alumni & Student Relations Manager at 248-823-1298.
Flowers (proceeds benefit WCAA)
- Roses are available for purchase during commencement ceremony.
- Sale is located in the lobby and reception area while supplies last.
- Half dozen for $20 or one dozen for $25.
- Proceeds benefit the WCAA.
These bricks are engraved and will be placed by the Jeffery W. Barry Center walkway. Details about the brick and order now.