E-mail an International Student Advisor
You have made an excellent choice in the decision to pursue a degree from Walsh College. The attainment of this degree will have a powerful impact on your future.
As an international student on an F-1 visa, you must:
- Meet Undergraduate or Graduate admissions requirements.
- Show proof of proper financial support through personal or sponsored funds.
- Submit a $275 International student fee per semester.
- Submit the International Student Application - there is a $35 application fee.
- Submit proof of health insurance upon arrival in the United States.
- Submit transcripts to an agency approved by Walsh College specializing in course-by-course evaluation of international educational credentials. You are responsible for the cost of this review.
Evaluation of International Transcripts
In order to have consistency and accuracy when evaluating international transcripts, we require that each applicant have transcripts evaluated by an approved agency. Walsh accepts the following agencies for evaluating international transcripts:
The agency`s function is to evaluate your past education for the United States educational equivalent. You may access WES and ECE, to explore this evaluation process. We require that you request a detailed course-by-course report and have a copy sent directly to us. When we receive an official copy of this report, we will complete an admission evaluation for the program that you have chosen.
English Language Proficiency
Non-Native speakers of English are required to demonstrate proof of English Language proficiency by submitting at the time of application documentation of a:
- TOEFL score of 79-80 (internet-based) or 550 written; or
- MELAB score of 80; or
- MTELP score of 80; or
- IELTS score of 6.5 (http://www.ielts.org); or
- Successful completion of Level 112 from ELS Language Centers; or
- Successful completion of highest level of ESL program; or
- Successful completion of an English composition course from an accredited English speaking institution; or
- Completion of a college degree from an accredited English-speaking institution.
You may print the international (F-1) packet required to process an I-20, by clicking on the following links:
All forms must be submitted in original form, no faxed or e-mailed copies are acceptable.
Health insurance is a requirement for all international F-1 students. Health insurance is to be purchased through Walsh College. For information regarding health insurance please contact Liesl Scullen at 248-823-1610 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
New F-1 International Students must complete the International Student Orientation. Students' Continuing Attendance I-20 will be handed out upon its completion. Please contact Liesl Scullen to schedule an orientation at 248-823-1610 or via email at email@example.com. A link to the orientation manual is below:
International Student Orientation
We do not provide housing or transportation. International students must make their own arrangements. For assistance with housing, please click on the following links: