Transfer up to 82 community college credits to complete your degree at Walsh College.
Students from across the world transfer their college credits to complete their undergraduate business degree at Walsh College. Majors include accountancy, accounting processes, finance, general business, information technology, management, and marketing. We will accept transfer credits from any regionally-accredited community college or four-year institution.
You can complete your degree at locations throughout southeast Michigan or online.
Learn more about:
- A minimum of 60 semester credit hours of coursework completed with a “C” (2.000) or better. Coursework must be 100 level or above.
- A minimum of 30 semester credit hours of Liberal Art coursework.
- Liberal art coursework includes courses in Communication, Economics, Art, Anthropology, Astronomy, English, Foreign Languages, Geography, History, Humanities, Introduction to Business, Mathematics, Career Assessment, Philosophy, Physical Education, Physiology, Psychology, Sciences, Religion, Sociology, Speech and Statistics.
- One English composition or written communication course.
- One course in intermediate algebra or a higher math course (or equivalent placement test result).
At times there can be more than one course required to fulfill an equivalency, or you may have the option to choose between courses. In any event, please direct any questions to your transfer advisor or to a Walsh College Admissions and Academic Advisor.
Michigan Transfer Agreement
Walsh College participates in the Michigan Transfer Agreement (MTA). The agreement will allow students to satisfy Walsh College’s minimum 30 semester credit hour liberal arts requirement at a Michigan community college. MTA students will need to complete intermediate algebra or higher level mathematics for admission to Walsh College. Under the MTA agreement, students from participating Michigan public community colleges must present a transcript bearing the “MTA Satisfied” designation.
To fulfill the Michigan Transfer Agreement, you must successfully complete at least 30 credits, with at least a 2.0 (or equivalent) grade in each course in the following categories.
- One course in English Composition and a second course in English Composition or Communications.
- One course in Mathematics (Walsh recommends intermediate algebra or higher level mathematics course/placement or a statistics course equivalent to QM 202).
- Two courses in Social Sciences from two disciplines (Walsh recommends an economics course equivalent to ECN 201 or ECN 202).
- Two courses in Humanities and Fine Arts from two disciplines excluding studio and performance classes.
- Two courses in Natural Sciences including one with laboratory experience from two disciplines.
Transfer from a community college
Transfer agreements with community colleges offer you the opportunity to earn Walsh College bachelor's degrees. By transferring up to 82 community college credit hours, you are well on your way to earning your degree.
We maintain a list of courses from those schools and their direct equivalent courses within specific majors and our professional or program core at Walsh College. We also accept other transfer credit in the form of general studies or liberal arts credit up to a maximum of 82 semester credit hours.
The Michigan Transfer Network is a resource that lists transfer course equivalencies between many Michigan colleges and universities.